- NEW DELHI WORLD BOOK FAIR (NDWBF) 2020
(Delhi Ms. Kiran Belwal) : In Today virtual world, programs like BOOK FAIRS are much awaited by all the book lovers over the world. People get the chance to interact with their favorite writers and intellectual minds. The fair is visited by national and international writers, publishers, librarians, researchers, academics student and many book lovers. In this eve of new year Delhi is all set to organized it’s book fair 2020 at PRAGATI MAIDAN.
- The book fair is organised by NATIONAL BOOK TRUST under Ministry of Human Resource Development. INDIA TRADE PROMOTION ORGANISATION (ITPO) which is the nodal agency of govt. of India under the Ministry of Commerce is the co-organizer of the fair.
- The Delhi book fair is the largest and oldest book fair in the country. It started in the year 1972, and took place twice a year.
- It explores neighboring external markets, promotes book industry and provide participants the opportunity of new publications doing own business.
- For spectators, with wide range of choice they get chance to browse through hundreds of stalls and keep searching until they get that perfect book.
- The fair attracts participation from major publishing houses over the globe from countries like US, China, Iran, Mauritius and Pakistan.
DATE: 04-01-2020 to 12-01-2020
TIME: 11:00 am to 08:00 pm
LOCATION: Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
Nearest metro station: Pragati Maidan on Blue Line
- The theme for the NDWBF, 2020 is “GANDHI: THE WRITER’S WRITER”
- It aims to highlight the influence of GANDHI JI’S on INDIAN LITERATURE as well of the other known authors from India and abroad.